- Completion and submission of initial letters to the Local Authority. This can be:
- A request for assessment
- A request for reassessment following a change of circumstance
- Submit and advise on relevant documents to support the application
- Liaise with relevant persons on your behalf
- Keep you informed during the process of timeframes and duties of the LA
- Advise on professionals you may need to consider commissioning
If at any stage, the Authority refuse to assess your child, refuse to make an EHCP or you are not happy with the plan offered to you in relation to the content and/or the setting, I will:
- Advise further on the decision made and next steps.
If you choose to mediate, I will:
- Support you through the mediation process with information and if needed, a written report outlining why the decision may be incorrect or the plan does not contain the provision that it has been reported by professionals in relation to your child’s your child needs
- Attend meetings in person or via electronic attendance via teams/zoom if you choose to mediate with the Authority
If as a parent you choose to appeal the decision either following mediation or having declined mediation, I will:
- Complete the appeal documents and bundles to submit on your behalf
- Forward to the tribunal further supporting documents as they are received and, in any event, by the final evidence deadlines
- Liaise with the Authority on working documents prior to the tribunal (in the case of disagreement with EHCP content)
- Represent you at the tribunal hearing in person (or virtually if offered by SENDIST). I guarantee representation at all tribunals where requested.
Parents who wish for legal support:
- Some parents may choose to have legal representation at the tribunal hearing by a solicitor or counsel. I can complete a full case management service to the hearing and liaise with the solicitor or barrister for the final hearing.
- If you choose to employ the services of a Solicitor or Counsel through direct access to represent you at any time during the process, I will liaise with them as soon as I am notified. This will include sharing all paperwork completed to date and offering a full outline of the case in order for easy reference and to save overall legal costs for you.